Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Erin Hunter's Warriors


I was asked by a former student of mine (and what a great student she was!) to feature Warriors, her favorite series, on my blog. Although I recognized the title from my occasional (okay, weekly!) browses through the young adult section of Barnes and Noble, I hadn't yet heard much about these books. Since I'm always looking for excuses to go to the bookstore, I went out right away and picked up the first book in the Warriors series: Into the Wild. Guess what? I'm hooked! I'll admit, at first I was a bit skeptical - the main characters are cats and I'm definitely a dog person. Those of you who know me are quite aware of this fact. However, once I started reading, I realized just how cool this story was! Here's a little teaser:

Rusty, unsatisfied with his humdrum life as a house cat, is drawn to the mysterious woods in his humans' backyard. One night, in a brave attempt to step outside the boundaries of his comfortable but utterly ordinary life, he wanders into the woods and is faced with his first adventure with the majestic Thunderclan, a group of wild cats whose lives are packed with just the kind of danger and exhilaration that Rusty craves. Little does Rusty know, this little trip into the wild is going to change him forever!

Okay, that's all you get!

This story is rich with situations, conflicts, and emotions to which we can all relate. Rusty's journey from the ordinary into the unknown is a tale that any human can appreciate.

Read it!
Ponder it!
Tell me what you think about it!

Oh, and by the way, you guys are the greatest! :-)

Mrs. K

3 comments:

  1. I love these books, thanks for mentioning them on your blog! I know that there's actually 3 series. The 1st one (the original one) has six books. 1.Into the Wild 2.Fire and Ice 3.Forest of Secrets 4.Rising Storm 5.A Dangerous Path 6.The Darkest Hour. The Second one also has 6 books (im on the 4th one) 1.Midnight 2.Moonrise 3.Dawn 4.Starlight 5.Twilight 6.Sunset. The third series has six books. 1.The Sight 2.Dark River 3.outcast 4.Eclipse 5.Long Shadows 6.Sunrise. Thats ALOT of books, especially when the books are ~300 pages each. Thats a good way to do the 25 book campaign!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is now way more with a fourth series and also having manga editions and special/guide type books. All of which are still great the second or even third time around being read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The books in the fourth series are 1. The Fourth Apprentice and 2. Fading Echos so far. The guide types are Battles of the Clans ( the newest one), Cats of the Clans, Code of the Clans, and Secrets of the Clans. The super editions are Firestar's Quest and Bluestar's Prophecy. Then the manga are The Lost Warrior, Warrior's Refuge, Warrior's Return, Into the Woods, Escape from the Forest, Return to the Clans, The Rise of Scourge, Shatered Peace, and A Clan in Need.

    ReplyDelete