Friday, March 2, 2012

The Scariest School in the World!

Do you think your school is terrifying with its rules, cranky teachers, nasty lunches, and standardized tests?  Please! You don't know what scary is until you've read Scary School written by Derek the Ghost. In Scary School, teachers can tear your arms off for breaking the rules, science experiments can kill you (as in Derek's case), and the school nurse won't heal your illness without infecting you with something much MUCH worse. 

When Derek the Ghost emailed me to ask if I would include Scary School on Mrs. K's Bookshelf, I was a little surprised.  I mean, who knew ghosts could email?  But now that I've read the book, I realize that there was a lot I didn't know about the world of ghosts, demons, vampires, and monsters, particularly how much it would make me laugh. 

Derek the Ghost is an excellent narrator.  He's hysterical and tells the Scary School students' stories in a no nonsense getting-eaten-by-dinosaurs-during-detention-is-totally-normal sort of way.  I loved it!  Plus, there are so many kooky characters and situations introduced throughout the book, you won't be bored for a second.

Lucky for me AND you, Derek the Ghost is going to publish the next book in the Scary School series this June and another is due out in 2013.  Hurry up and read the first book as soon as you can...or else!




Visit Derek and the rest of the Scary School crew by clicking here!

No comments:

Post a Comment