Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Challenge: Write For Fifteen Minutes A Day

Laurie Halse Anderson, notable author of young adult novels like Speak, Wintergirls, and Twisted, will host her annual 'Write For Fifteen Minutes A Day' (WFMAD) challenge this August.  For each day of the month, she will post on her blog tips, prompts, and general words of encouragement  for those of us who want to establish a daily writing practice yet find a bajillion reasons to avoid it.  Fifteen minutes a day is doable.  God, I must play Words With Friends and check Facebook for at least 30 minutes a day, so there is no excuse for me not to take part in this awesome writing challenge.  Day 1 of the challenge is also my birthday (August 1! Yippee!), so I'm looking at it as a sort of resolution to embrace writing the way I've always wanted to.  Who's with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment